Wednesday, February 18, 2009

90 Day Challenge

I thought it was neat that there was a printed reading plan that would allow the reader to go through the NIV by reading twelve pages a day for 88-90 days. The book was laid out with a header that informs the reader when they have completed the 12 pages. When I purchased the book, the sales clerk made mention that the book felt heavy, considering the size.
I found that it takes about forty five minutes to read the daily quota.
I like the NIV translation and had been wanting a newer print copy. (The last NIV I had was a Thompson chain reference that was full of notes and rather heavy with very thin pages.)
Now I will admit that I had to have some help in keeping up with the rapid 90 day program. So I have incorporated the listening to the Bible Experience Old and New Testaments with the same 90 day schedule. This has helped me to stay on pace and listen to the Bible as I am traveling. The Bible Experience is an interesting dramatization of the Bible with some very talented voices. The text used is the Today's New International Version (TNIV). It is a very exciting audio Bible. Some of the sound effects catch you off guard and every once in a while seem a little distracting. But it is very enjoyable over all. My goal now is to listen to the Bible in it's entirety at least once per quarter in 2009. I am using my Logos Bible reading planner to schedule out the daily hearings/readings much like the 90 day NIV book does in the 12 pages per day plan. I am already contemplating my next audio version. I am reminded that faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Romans 10:17






No comments: